Friday, May 8, 2009

18 Weeks! (plus 3 days!)

Okay, so I figured it’s time to start chronicling the growth of my baby bump since I’m actually starting to have one. So here it is...18 weeks on the nose. (By the way, I hate this picture, so feel free to tack on some comments about how great I look, how I'm "glowing" etc.)



I have my next doctor appointment on Tuesday, May 12th (at 19 weeks) and from there we’ll schedule our 20 week ultrasound where (fingers-crossed that this little one cooperates!) we’ll find out what we’re having!

What do we think we’re having, you may ask? Well, I have a definite instinct, but I’m not sharing! I’d rather hear what you have to say...

So here’s the evidence in the case...

Heart-rates: Supposedly, if it’s above 140, you’re having a girl, if it’s below 140 you’re having a boy. So you do this math... 11 weeks: 148 bpm, 15 weeks: 136 bpm

Chinese Birth Chart: According to the Chinese Birth Chart I found online, it’s a girl...but the disclaimer on the test said it’s only accurate in China. How convenient.

Ring on a String: Jason and I did this last night using his wedding ring suspended over my tummy and it didn’t really do much. But I would say it moved more in a straight line than a circle. Okay so the biggest problem with this is that I looked at quite a few websites and they were split down the middle as far as which result meant which gender. Half said if it moves in a straight line it’s a boy...and half said if it moves in a circle it’s a boy...you be the judge!

According to the “Mayan Gender Test”: Since both my age and the year we conceived are odd (as in the opposite of even...not that they’re strange), it’s a girl.

Cravings: I go back and forth between fruits and veggies sounding good. Strawberries have become a staple though. My only steady craving has been Root Beer. For a while, chocolate tasted like dirt, but I’m pretty much over that now. Meat completely grosses me out, but I LOVE cereal, cottage cheese (any kind of cheese actually) and eggs. Food in general still isn’t that appealing to me so all of these things (other than the Root Beer) come in spurts.

I’d like YOUR opinion! There’s a poll on the right-hand side of my blog...vote for what you think we’re having! Also, if you know of any more “cool gender prediction” tests/games, leave me a comment as I’d love to see how accurate (haha) these are for us.

0 comments: