Monday, July 27, 2009

Double your Flavor, Double your Fun!

I had a great baby check-up this past Friday. I am measuring right on and we got a quick ultrasound to measure my amniotic fluid levels...which have officially DOUBLED since our last ultrasound six weeks ago. YAY!!!! I went from 8.1 last time to 16 at this appointment which is well within the parameters of normal. That is VERY good news and just what we wanted to hear.

I’ve also made it to my third trimester, and with only 71 days left until my due date, things are starting to feel very real. J & I are excited (both), apprehensive (me) and getting a little freaked out about labor & delivery (me again!). On a side note, Baby Davis thoroughly enjoyed the gross orange sugar water I had to drink for my glucose screen and the doctor confirmed yet again that we have a "boy flavored" baby...her words, not mine.

J and I spent a nice relaxing weekend together putting together the nursery and it is seriously almost done. I have officially moved into my “extreme nesting” phase and I am going to make sure that everything is in it’s place in preparation for little Baby Davis’ arrival.

Tonight I’m going to curl up in my favorite chair, write out some thank-you notes, and watch some terrible (and by that I mean terribly addicting) reality completely staged TV known as The Bachelorette. (For the record, I’m pulling for Ed.)

J & C will most likely run as fast as they can in the opposite direction of the television for fear that that the stupidity of my TV viewing choices will burn their retinas. Silly boys.

1 comments:

Mama2Five said...

Such good news about your fluid levels!! Yay! Been praying they would go back to normal. Hope you have been having a blast with all the new baby stuff from the shower. It finally feels real when your house is overcome with all things baby.. smile. Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!!